Tuesday, June 24, 2008

MEET CHRISTINE PRAKASH,MS WHEELS PACIFIC

REACHING out to the grassroots people in the interior is the focus of 21-year-old Christine Prakash. The young contestant is grateful and excited that she will be given such a chance through her participation in the Vodafone Hibiscus Festival.
"I have always wanted to be part of something this big and to feel the rhythm of it. I really thought I would be working as a volunteer but I am thankful to Wheels Pacific for choosing me to represent them," said Ms Prakash.
"I am interested in helping people in the interior areas, outside Suva, especially those who don't even have a shelter and sleep on the roads. Through my participation in the Hibiscus Festival, I would like to reach out to the people in the community and be able to do something for them. I was born and brought up in Suva and it is time for me to do something for the people and be a good ambassador of my country is my goal."
The second-year real estate and management student at the University of the South Pacific said she would like to own and manage her own business in future. Be ambitious and having the will power to do something is her way of tackling life's obstacles.
She is the younger sister of last year's contestants, Ms MHCC Michelle Prakash and Ms Supreme Fuel Dipti Prakash.
Having her sisters' guidance and support, she is confident of doing her best for the people of Fiji.
The festival is from August 15-23.
The Fiji Times is a sponsor of the festival.
ADAPTED FROM FIJITIMES ONLINE